Health care facilities are located throughout Southern Dallas County, providing needed services to area residents. Smaller clinics and doctors offices are mixed within the communities. There are also several new large-scale developments currently planned or under construction.
- Methodist Health System is the largest employers in Southern Dallas County with two major facilities, Methodist Dallas Medical Center and Methodist Charlton.
- Baylor Scott & White recently opened a new medical campus in Sunnyvale, in Southeast Dallas County.
- The Dallas VA Medical Center, located in the heart of Southern Dallas, is the headquarters for the VA North Texas Health Care System. With around 4,700 employees, the system cares for more than 3,800 veteran outpatient visits per day, or 1.4 million a year. The Dallas campus is designated as a federal coordinating center for emergency response and is one of 5 centers of innovation named by the Veterans Health Administration Office of Patient Centered Care and Cultural Transformation.
- The redevelopment of RedBird Mall has brought three major health care institutions (UT Southwestern, Children’s Health, Parkland) to the area.
- View a full report on the Health and Beauty Market potential of Southern Dallas County here.
Hospitals and Clinics in Southern Dallas County
RedBird – Opening in summer 2022, UT Southwestern Medical Center at RedBird will offer primary care, combined with heart, cancer, and brain care.
- The two-story, 150,000-square-foot space in the redeveloped RedBird Mall is being transformed into UT Southwestern’s newest regional outpatient medical center, which will be its sixth and largest in North Texas.
- Children’s Health will be part of the new facility. This will be the first where both adult and pediatric patients have the opportunity to receive care at one of UT Southwestern’s regional outpatient medical centers.
Methodist Charlton Emergency Room Expansion – Methodist Health System is building a major three-story addition to Methodist Charlton Medical Center. A new 40,000 square foot Emergency Department (ED) located at Wheatland Road and Bolton Boone Drive will almost double the size of the current ED and increase the number of beds from 45 to 70. The new ED will include more trauma rooms, expanded ambulance bays, and new imaging equipment that will allow patients to be scanned without being moved for testing.
Jubilee Clinic – This new health venture, in partnership with Parkland and Jewish Family Service, will provide primary healthcare and wrap-around health and wellness resources on the same campus in Jubilee Park in Southeast Dallas. The Jubilee Clinic will seek not only to close the gap in healthcare access by providing pediatric to geriatric primary care through Parkland, but will aim to promote good health for life by providing mental health counseling through Jewish Family Service, and a broad range of wellness programming like cooking classes, health seminars, athletics programs, and nutrition support through Jubilee.
Southern Gateway Public Green Foundation Announces $7.75 Million Funding for Phase Two Infrastructure of Park
The Southern Gateway Public Green Foundation received an early Christmas present this week with the passage of Congress’ Omnibus Spending Bill, which is expected to be signed by President Biden …
As schools across the country face the reality of teacher shortages, some school districts are finding innovative ways to focus on retention, recruitment, and coaching. Lancaster Independent School District has …
The tip of the iceberg is $300 million. That’s the figure that can be made a reality from public donors for Fair Park renovations as part of the Brimer Bill, …