Southern Dallas County is situated in a near-perfect geographic region for IT hosting and data center operations.
- North Texas is in the Central Time Zone, which is effective for companies operating on both coasts.
- Southern Dallas County offers plenty of land for massive data centers along with a temperate climate and lower construction and operation costs than other U.S. markets.
- Speed and reliability are important for any IT operation, and high-speed fiber connectivity is plentiful in the area. Compared to other peering-point regions, DFW offers some of the lowest power rates for large industrial users. Real estate services firm Cushman & Wakefield ranks Dallas #3 in global date center market size.
- The probability of a natural disaster in the North Texas region reduces operational risk considerably. The region is geographically dormant, and the likelihood of business disruption resulting from inclement weather remains low.
- Approximately 75 network providers operate in North Texas, including more than 40 fiber providers for business services. The concentration of fiber access and total bandwidth guarantees low latency and ensures redundancy
- Oncor, is the largest energy delivery company in Texas, can work with companies and local governments across Southern Dallas County to help identify locations near power substations that can serve data center operations. For more information, contact Oncor at https://www.oncor.com/us/en/home/about-us/economic-development/contact-economic-development.html
This application below provides a visualization of the residential fixed broadband deployment data collected on FCC Form 477. Facilities-based providers of broadband service report Form 477 data in June and December each year. Providers report fixed-broadband deployment data at the census block level. Form 477 data are reported using 2010 Census blocks. Providers may not offer service to every home in every block in which they report service. The calculations used to create the graphs treat every location as having service, and may therefore over-estimate broadband coverage, particularly in areas with large census blocks.
There is big progress to see but also remaining expectations among neighbors for the ongoing replacement of the S.M. Wright Freeway in South Dallas. A direct connection from the C.F. …
A new DART project can help commuters catch a train and a charge. Collaborating with the North Central Texas Council of Governments, DART has installed electric vehicle (EV) charging stations …
Starting today STAR Transit, a regional public transit agency, will allow residents to hail rides within Duncanville and connect to other regional transportation networks. City leaders say the transit option …